Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
We are seeking an experienced benefits consultant to support the UnitedHealth Group Human Capital Health, Wellbeing and Financial Fitness teams.
The Benefits Analytics Consultant
will have access to a broad set of data resources including, but not limited to, Medical, Pharmacy, Eligibility, Demographic, Administrative, Disability, Biometrics, Rally Survey, Other Surveys, Incentive Earnings, PeopleSoft, Health Savings, 401k, Credit Union, Stock Purchase Program and many more.
The person in this role will need to be able to combine these data types to create deep insights. Responsibilities include:
- Develop detailed analytics using claims/benefits data warehouse and other sources to support plan design, wellbeing strategy, management reporting, healthcare analysis, and ad hoc requests
- Discover trends, anomalies and analyze to identify root causes and expense drivers; crafting results into readily understandable stories for all levels of employees
- Measure ROI, and develop long term measurement plans, for UHG benefits and related programs
- Consult with partners to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into complex analytics and recommendations
- Complete business analysis as needed to support benefit plan design recommendations (e.g., business case, pros/cons, financial analysis)
- Enhance and support current dashboards, reporting and analytics. As well as building new standard dashboard, report and analytic templates/tools
- Adhere to benefits, data, privacy, and related regulations
- Enhance current data storage, and usage strategy, by proactively building out a data structure which will support future team needs. Including how/where data is stored, but also what systems/tools we use to analyze the data
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years reporting and analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience using business intelligence tools, data warehouses and other such tools to extract data for analytic purposes
- Experience analyzing healthcare claims, pharmacy and wellbeing data
- Experience with consulting and asking probing questions, so as to help define the needs of our customers. Delivering polished end products, with minimal direction
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience aggregating large datasets using tools such as SQL, SAS, R or similar
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo or similar
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience delivering excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Claims data warehouse analysis experience with Optum's Benefits Analytic Manager (BAM) tool, Truven/Watson, Verisk, or other similar tools
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Benefits, Analytics, Consultant, Minnetonka, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home