Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group
is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum
- a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group
a Fortune 6 leader.Optum
helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Associate Service Account Manager- Card Operations
within End to End Financial Services Operations is responsible for the completion of end-to-end business processes to support card and implementation activities for the Health Care Spending Card programs within Optum Financial Services.
This role is 40 hours/week, Monday- Friday between the hours of 7:00am-4:30pm PST.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
In addition, the position is responsible for promoting a positive team environment that is focused on collaboration and strong communication, providing excellent customer (consumer/accountholder/client) support, and building strong relationships with partner groups/teams. The individual in this role must have an ability to manage competing priorities and adapt to change, have a primary focus on providing high quality execution and meeting or exceeding service level agreement turnaround times for daily tasks and issue resolutions, and have a strong desire to provide best in class service while ensuring desired levels of risk management and brand reputation. This position has peak season from October to March where limited time off is granted and may require overtime.Primary Responsibilities
includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Daily processing of various card related requests and reports
- Manage a portfolio of clients for any questions, program changes, or issues
- Card file and card fulfillment reconciliation and release
- Research and resolution of group and member escalations for daily individual card processing and issues. Some issues are complex and/or time sensitive for resolution.
- Work with vendors on any issues, open tickets, and program questions
- Act as a card consultant solutioning for internal partners and employers in order to provide the best product
- Project management
- Identification and implementation of continuous process improvements to increase operational efficiencies and improve the customer experience
- Advanced communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to manage business partners expectations and vendor issues
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for card product supported
- Willing to take on challenging assignments that will lead to career growth
- Able to present and represent HCSC in front of employers
- Handle escalations from all management levels and employers in an expeditious manner
- Manage all onboarding activity for new and renewing customers which includes product solutioning, coordination with implementation manager, and all system set up
- Maintain and create strong relationships with internal and external clients
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of previous work experience in customer service, operations, or financial services
- Proficiency in MS Word (creating, editing and saving documents) and MS Excel (creating spreadsheets, working with formulas and pivot tables)
- If Local to Salt Lake City must go into the office twice/month
- 2 + years experience as an analyst
- 1+ years experience in a client facing or client interaction role
- BA Degree
- 4+ years prior experience in supporting or working with Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Prepaid/Incentive Card, Virtual Card Payment, Health Care Spending Card and/or card operations
- Working knowledge of data bases and reporting
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.htmlCareers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group
is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Health care spending card, HAS, card operations, client facing, analyst, reporting, analyst, financial services, operations, Optum, UHG, United Health, hiring immediately