Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
Responsible for managing all aspects of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting including the design, development, testing, documentation, maintenance and analysis of database queries and reports. Presents analyses results/recommendations to customer leadership directly in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner. Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, tests, documents, and maintains database queries and reports related to-but not limited to-customer service, enrollment, eligibility, claims, and physician offices
- Works with customers to define and document additional requirements to enrich reporting capabilities and assists in coordination of user acceptance testing
- Develops systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to management
- Develops comprehensive reporting dashboards for all levels of the business from executive overviews to tactical and operational uses
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business needs, and proposes documented solution recommendations
- Converts complex data from multiple sources into meaningful, professional and easy to understand formats for various audiences as defined by department guidelines
- Supports reporting and analysis on all business initiative projects
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Troubleshoots and coordinates resolutions for all issues related to reports supported by the department
- Executes release management process to promote changes into production
- Acts as the liaison between Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, Project Management groups, and Business holder SMEs and leads issue resolution talks, idea generation, etc.
- Ensures team deliverables align with business requirements
- Leads key projects to ensure successful completion
- Manages multiple projects and works in a self-directed manner in a collaborative group environment with sensitivity to tight deadlines
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree)
- 8+ years of business reporting experience in T-SQL
- 5+ years of experience tuning and reviewing T-SQL
- 5+ years of experience in SSRS, QlikView, and/or Tableau
- Experience utilizing EMR-based data (NextGen knowledge preferable)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle/Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions, especially ambulatory care
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and ensure successful completion of all projects and requests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, including executive and senior management teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in high volume workload situations
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers with WellMed.
- Advanced degree in a related discipline preferred
- Experience in a managed care environment
- Knowledge of Primary and Clinical Care operations and functional models
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions
- Experience in Medicare Advantage Part D (MAPD) operations
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter PolicyDiversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.