Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
The purpose of this position is to oversee and support contracted vendor solutions for the Enterprise operations teams. This person will participate as the lead in design, development and tactical implementation of strategic business objectives to ensure mutual understanding between vendor trade suppliers and internal business teams as it relates to care delivery and delegation of responsibilities.
The responsibilities of this position demand a wide range of capabilities including: strategic planning aligned to procurement strategy and planning; strong understanding of commercial contract management activities; accounting knowledge and understanding of financial statements and invoices; understanding of trade supplier arrangements; adherence and governance to ongoing vendor compliance review, onboarding and assessment; highly developed communication skills; political savvy working through inter-organizational processes; and the ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes, given ambiguous scope with numerous task interdependencies.
This position will work closely with key business units to develop long-term strategic relationships that support the WellMed Enterprise objectives and mission to change the face of health care delivery for seniors with emphasis on compliance, contract management, security, and account management The position will be the liaison between WellMed and our vendor partner organizations, providing support and managing the relationship with all key areas of the corporate team but primarily with Finance, Sourcing and Procurement, and Information Technology.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Facilitates and coordinates the onboarding and evaluation of potential vendor partners.
- Responsible for maintenance of relationship and overall vendor performance.
- Facilitates and oversees strategic business meetings with various business units and vendor partners.
- Facilitates and leads as the contract management expert in formulating various contracts with key subject matter experts in contracting and compliance.
- Acts as a liaison, problem solver, negotiator, and facilitator between WellMed Medical Management, Inc. and vendor partners.
- Facilitates and leadings ongoing governance management activities related to vendor partner compliance.
- Responds to internal inquiries and resolves internal issues with vendor personnel.
- Assists in the development of organizational objectives and short and long-range program goals with key business units and personnel.
- Continuously strives to ensure that favorable relationships are maintained while ensuring the interest of the organization and maintaining confidentiality.
- Manages a performance management process which includes: contract performance planning and results for assigned vendor relationships; advising, supporting and ensuring performance requirements, goals, measures, and assessment activities are established, met, tracked, and reported against service level agreements (SLAs).
- Prepares agendas for meetings for leadership. Issues agendas with appropriate backup materials and arranges for presence of appropriate directors and vice presidents.
- Enters reporting information relevant to managed vendor relationships and milestone tracking.
- Reviews vendor data develops recommendations and reviews findings with senior management.
- Accountable for operational aspects of vendor management and coordination with appropriate business partners to ensure success of relationship.
- Examines, analyzes, develops and presents a variety of performance results in addition to other pertinent communication as requested.
- Facilitates monthly and quarterly JOC meetings as specified.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Contract Management, or a related field; a High School Diploma/GED and four years of additional experience as outlined in each bullet point below.
- 3+ years of experience facilitating contracts in a vendor management capacity.
- Proven ability to successfully manage commercial contracts.
- Demonstrated successful relationship management experience with the ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management required both internal and external to the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of CRM functionality.
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's US Telecommuting Policy.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with WellMed.
- Certification in commercial contract management (CCMP, CCCM, CPCM).
- Strong working knowledge of Medicare health care operations and delegation.
- Experience in working with project management teams and activities.
- Health plan, healthcare or information technology experience.
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Contracts, Vendor Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from home, Work at home, Remote, Telecommuting