Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SMOptum Care Medical Group
serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid - level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group
strives to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient - driven model.
In this Senior Medical Assistant/Limited X-Ray Technician
role, you will assist in the care of the patient by following through on Provider orders for treatments. VariedSchedule: 3 day shifts / 1 afternoon / 1 weekend shift.Schedule: Mon-Fri. 8am-5pm. *Ability to flex during the hours listed.Primary Responsibilities:
- Individuals may be responsible for taking the patients vital signs, conducting blood draws or take x - rays as certified
- Individuals in this function typically have certification or are working towards their certification as a Medical Assistant
- May also be responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients
- Employees are involved in direct patient care (in a clinic, in - home care, etc.)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program/school, or a Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- Limited X - Ray Technician license
- 1+ years of back office Medical Assistant experience
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or willing to obtain
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum.
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Experience working in Family Practice and / or Urgent Care practice working with adults and children
- 6 months or more of experience with phlebotomy
- EMR experience
- Experience in working with HMO, PPO, Medicare and CalOptima payers
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: X-ray, x-ray tech, x-ray license, MA, medical assistant, MALCDCBDriver2019, geriatric, seniors, Seal Beach, Orange County, OCMG, Optum