Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
Healthcare isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360
. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work
The Registration Supervisor
is responsible for the supervision of the daily operations specific to their unit. The Supervisor oversees and directs work team's production and performance to insure proper utilization and effectiveness of assigned personnel. They are responsible for defining and delegating team member responsibilities to appropriate personnel in order to ensure a smooth, accurate workflow. The Supervisor works in tandem with the other department Supervisors to manage the daily production of the Patient Access team and assists in managing the overall operations of the department.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules which may be days, evenings, overnight and or weekends. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ85013.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid - 19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/Primary Responsibilities:
- Have a working knowledge of computer applications
- Demonstrate Leadership and Analytical Thinking capability
- Requires working knowledge of insurance including Commercial Contracts, Managed Care, and Government Programs including Federal, State and local agencies
- Have knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Organizes workflow to ensure accurate and timely team performance
- Supervises the work schedule, ensuring adequate and appropriate coverage of all positions at all times
- Selects, and delegates training and orientation of new staff
- Assigns staff responsibilities, and evaluates performance
- Counsels employees on problem areas of registration and performance
- Works with staff to develop personal development plans, identify areas for improvement, and improve performance
- Performs interviews, performance appraisals, provides coaching and feedback to staff adhering to the policies and procedures of the admitting department
- Provides input for, and ensures staff compliance with, established organizational policies, objectives, safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Possesses knowledge and ability to leverage technology, optimize the utilization of internal resources and improve the quality of work and information flows
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned
- Attends, and sometimes leads departmental meetings and contributes with suggestions, ideas and methods to improve quality of department / hospital operations
- Reviews operational reports, identifies opportunities and problems and makes recommendations for improving customer service, patient throughput and process flow
- Generates enthusiasm and commitment among Chandler Regional Medical Center employees; fosters and reinforces tan based results
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- 2+ years of healthcare related experience in registration
- 2+ years working in a hospital patient registration department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor and / or other revenue cycle related roles
- 1+ year of supervisor / leadership experience
- You will be provided with appropriate Personal Protective Equipement (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.htmlCareers with OptumInsight.
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group
is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Cancer Center Patient Registration Supervisor, Optum360, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, patient access, manager, leadership, hiring immediately