Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization's that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut's leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)ProHealth Physicians Wethersfield Pediatrics has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented RN to join our team. The position will work approximate 40 hours a week. The hours will Monday thru Friday 8:30AM to 5:00PM with 2 rotating weekly late shifts Tuesday & Thursday 10:00am to 7:30pm and 1 Saturday half day every approx. 6 weeks 8:30am - Noon.
Employee will support the care team and its patients by providing and documenting nursing care following established standards and practices. Provide phone triage, patient care and education and assist in locating and coordinating services from other providers and resources. Serve as liaison between patients, staff and providers. Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR). Primary Responsibilities:
- Support the care team and its patients by providing and documenting nursing care following established standards and practices
- Provide patient care and education and assist in locating and coordinating services from other providers and resources
- Serve as liaison between patients, staff and providers
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording(as applicable): Height and weight, Temperature, Blood pressure, Head circumference, Current medications and Chief complaint and history
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth's Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR
- Provide and document patient care such as giving injections and performing preventive screenings
- Educate patients regarding their illness or injury and provide instruction regarding self-management of their condition
- Carry out standing orders (i.e., authorizing prescription refills and ordering tests) consistent with ProHealth's policies and procedures
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients. Assist patients with identifying suitable outside resources for disease management and other services; refer patients when appropriate
- As appropriate, conduct outreach to patients in need of appointments or other services, to communicate test results and other information, and to follow up after appointments to be sure patients are following their plan of care
- Monitor task list in order to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders and monitor status of critical referrals
- Order supplies and vaccines and maintain appropriate records. Prepare and maintain equipment including sterilization
- Conduct orientation of clinical support staff and provide training/coaching for staff related to clinical issues
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and ProHealth policies
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Professional education for nursing
- Connecticut RN licensure (Active Unrestricted)
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum.
- Some office based nursing experience
- Experience working on an electronic health record
- Prior experience working in Pediatrics
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge and aptitude
- Prior immunization administration experience
- Phone Triage experience
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHEALTH Care features more than 300 highly skilled physicians with outstanding credentials from nearly every medical specialty working together to care for thousands of patients each month. Many of our physicians are recognized for innovative medical achievements including writing award winning medical journals and conducting research studies.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, CT, Connecticut, Wethersfield, Pediatrics