Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group
is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum
- a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group
a Fortune 6 leader. Optum
helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 10:00am - 11:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 25 post Road suite 5 Albany NY 12205.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/Primary Responsibilities:
- Handle medication / supply deliveries for the Infusion Pharmacy to cover the branch service area
- Accept add - on deliveries required to meet business needs
- Clean and inspect company vehicle to ensure proper presentation and cleanliness when arriving at the patients' homes. Performs daily vehicle inspection and maintains vehicle in clean and proper working order per organization policy and procedure. Informs supervisor of any mechanical problems
- Coordinate paperwork and payment details with the patients
- Communicate with the Branch or Pharmacy Manager / Pharmacy Lead regarding all patient questions and / or issues; prepare driver's notes as needed
- Provide backup warehouse functions when required (e.g. emptying trash, building boxes, cleaning returned equipment)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the branch's geographic area and be able to assess the best routes according to the delivery schedule
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality codes of ethics
- Perform pick - up of supplies and equipment at completion of patient therapy and completes appropriate paperwork for returned patient goods
- Perform various warehousing duties such as shipping, receiving, picking and packing orders and general warehouse organization and cleaning in accordance with established procedures
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must have and maintain a clean current / valid driver license, with no moving violations during the past two (2) years
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to work Mondays to Fridays from 10:00 am - 11.00 pm and flexible hours as needed
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Previous experience with the delivery of medical goods
Physical and Work Environment:
- Able to communicate and problem solve effectively with all educational levels and with variety of professional disciplines as well as with patients, families, staff and physicians
- Excellent customer service and time management skills
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business.
- Be capable of working with highly technical equipment
- Have the manual dexterity, eye hand coordination, fine and gross motor skills and tactile abilities to perform such functions as necessary to scope of practice. Lift 10 - 25 pounds frequently and up to 60 pounds occasionally
- Bend, stand, walk, squat, reach and stretch frequently
- Frequent stops in vehicle, in and out of vehicle, up and down residential steps, long walks through hospitals
The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Keywords
: Delivery Driver, Warehouse Representative, Transportation Specialist, Albany NY, Medical, Customer Service, Shipping, Receiving, Picking and Packing Orders, Driver, Delivery, hiring immediately