Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SMCareers with MedExpress.
At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations.. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Care Coordination Specialist is responsible for timely and accurate referral sources for patients and employers, ensuring quality standards and company policies/procedures are followed during customer interactions. This position will also provide oversight and case management for worker's compensation claims, including blood-borne pathogen cases. Primary Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
- Will interact with center employees on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices.
- Ability to work and interact with clinical, center -based roles, medical leadership, as well as business professionals.
- Works with patients, centers and workers comp insurance carriers to refer to correct referral source. Referrals may be received via phone, mail and e-mail communications.
- Responsible for case management of patients with worker's compensation injury or BBP exposure, including coordination of follow-up care, scheduling, tracking follow up appointments, distribution and communication of test results.
- Liaison for patient, employer, Medical Director, and VP of Risk Management.
- Responsible for maintaining individual and departmental goals including: call quality, average call handle time, service level, average speed of answer, abandonment rate, etc.
- Provide feedback to management on identified issues and assist with resolution of any items or trends that negatively impact patient-client experience.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient diagnostic and treatment information with focus on HIPAA guidelines and strong customer service skills, may include eScreen and UDS support.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs of external and internal customers in regard to: changes in work volume, planned changes, scheduling changes, client services support.
Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping) and travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens).
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Qualifications:
- Three to five years' experience in customer service preferred. High School graduate or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in clinical setting. Medical Assistant or Radiologic Technologist preferred, but not required. Current Breath Alcohol Testing and Urine Drug Screen certification preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations including the requirements of HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to the medical field.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in clinical management systems (EMR).
- Working knowledge of BBP Exposure protocols.
- Must be able to manage complex conversations in a professional manner.
- Skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with patients, third party payors and other members of the MedExpress team.
- Able to meet the needs of the patient by processing requests and referrals, providing efficient follow up with the patient, pharmacy, or other entity, as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Care Coordinator Specialist, Telecommute, MedExpress