Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SMSouth West Medical Urgent CareAs a part of the OptumCare is seeking for a dynamicFull-Time Urgent Care Nocturnist PhysicianSouthwest Medical Associates(SMA),
an Optum company, is Nevada's largest multi-specialty practice, with over 350 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our facilities include 22 medical offices, with 6 urgent cares clinics, 7 Convenient Care Clinics, two lifestyle centers catering to seniors and two outpatient surgery centers. The practice is fully integrated and includes home health, complex disease management, pharmacy services, medical management and palliative care. SMA is actively engaged in population health management, with an emphasis on outcomes, and offers patients compassionate, innovative and high-quality care throughout Nevada. SMA is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our On-Demand Care Department is the largest, most-comprehensive in Nevada for outpatient episodic care, with a quarter million visits annually. The department includes six urgent cares and seven retail clinics, offering a full spectrum of services, with on-site laboratory, radiology (which includes CT and ultrasound), observation unit and infusion center. Our practice is nearly paperless, with electronic health records, digital radiology, electronic prescriptions and e-visits. The practice encompasses the full scope of urgent care and is evidence-based, and protocol driven. Position Highlights:
- Night shift 9pm - 6am
- 4 nine hour shifts a week with 4 hours of weekly admin time (flexible scheduling)
- Patient Load Expectation 2.5 per hour
- Excellent compensation with night shift differential and provider incentive bonus
- Med/Den/Vis, 401k with match, CME, PTO Accrual, Stock Options, and more
- Upward career growth and professional development
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Board Certification or Board Eligible (as a resident) in a specialty field of medicine with experience treating all ages
- Must have an MD or DO License in the state of Nevada
- An unrestricted DEA license (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Physician in an emergency or urgent care setting
- Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the area
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Urgent Care, Physician, AGGME, ABMS, ABOS, Healthcare, Medical, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada