Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
We all know that there's a lot more to come in the changes sweeping through the health care industry. But if change is going to shape our world, it's comforting to know that we're shaping the change.
At Optum, as an Actuarial Consultant your performance, your ideas and your innovative thinking will help us improve the lives of millions. You will join an elite team committed to changing health care through outstanding service and valuable products. You'll use innovative tools including the largest database of health care information in the world. You will perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to identify statistical findings and conclusions. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop financial forecasts and supporting ad-hoc analytics
- Design and run complex data programs
- Perform quantitative analysis of Actuarial, financial, utilization and costs data
- Development meaningful analytics that support the business to take action on items to curb spend
- Develop, prepare, and conduct studies on pricing, utilization and health care costs for our broad range of clients
- Participate in client relationships and communication of financial performance
- Perform health care and / or health policy focused quantitative and qualitative research and analysis to review data and achieve measurable outcomes for clients
- Prepare information for clients, contribute to reports, and assist with project scheduling and coordination tasks
- Develop strategic working relationships with clients
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econ methods)
- Candidates must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed a minimum of 3 or more Actuarial exams (Associate of the Society of Actuaries or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation preferred
- 2+ years of experience performing qualitative and/or quantitative analysis, overseeing day-to-day management of project tasks and preparing presentations and reports for clients
- 1+ years of experience working as an Actuarial Consultant
- 1+ years of experience in preparing information for clients, contributing to reports, and presenting findings to clients
- 6+ months of experience in SAS (highly preferable) or STATA or SPSS programming, modeling, data manipulation
- Experience with large healthcare data sets (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, and/or claims)
Careers with Optum.
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries)
- 2 years of experience with Pharmacy claims reporting (e.g. Medicare Part D, Commercial formulary design)
- Excel VBA Experience 2 years
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SAS, STATA, SPSS, healthcare data sets, Medicare, Medicaid, claims, consultant, consulting, healthcare, analytics, Falls Church, VA, Virginia, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, OptumConsulting, qualitative, quantitative