Our customer service & claims teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this the place to do your life's best work.SM
Regional General Managers are vital to our success and in driving business growth. Success in these careers relies on many factors-your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
We are creating a new opportunity as Regional General Manager for the Mid-Atlantic region of the Optum State Government Solutions team. Optum is uniquely positioned to be the backbone of the healthcare industry achieving admirable goals like driving tens of billions of dollars of efficiency into the healthcare system. We have the portfolio breadth and depth to achieve this very worthy goal. As a Regional General Manager, you will think strategically and creatively about the client experience to ensure client satisfaction across the entire region.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with senior executives of existing and potential clients, internal stakeholders and strategic suppliers
- Providing executive oversight of the regional portfolio
- Achieving service excellence in delivery and operations and NPS
- Serving as the focal point of accountability and executive point of escalation
- Enabling innovation to meet the changing needs of customers, driving renewals and add-on growth and coordinating with Growth Office for new business development opportunities
- Ensuring financial targets are obtained
- Promoting Optum industry leadership by providing thought leadership and success stories
- Collaborating on the identification and prioritization of product and service offerings
- Leading matrixed teams to accomplish performance objectives
- Promoting service delivery talent acquisition and development
- Supporting healthy management and governance processes for the business
Candidates will possess:
Careers with Optum.
- 10 + years of IT Services experience
- 5 + years of health care technology experience
- History of working with State and Local government customers in the health care technology space
- Existing relationships with State and Local government leaders in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Experience leading technology initiatives of more than $50M
- 10 + years of experience managing relationships with multiple external clients across different geographies
- Track record of effective executive level communication, including formal presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee client deliverables and work in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiences
- Previous experience serving in a Regional General Manager role preferred
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SMDiversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Posting ID: 588102812Posted: 2020-11-26