Do you want to be part of a team driving improvements within the Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) organization resulting in better customer and employee experiences?
The Delivery Maturity Program Manager
is part of Delivery Excellence Services (DES) group in the Business Excellence and Operations (BEO)
organization. This role is pivotal for executing on the delivery excellence strategy and for successfully driving Modern Delivery and Delivery Maturity. This role will be a key part of the Delivery Maturity Function accountable for
- Strategizing a multi-year roadmap for Modern Delivery, Delivery Maturity and CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) Certification
- Continuously evaluating and representing the Function with Senior Leadership and other Directors
- Driving the prioritization, planning and execution by providing partnering and collaborating with the teams and resources involved in the function
- Overseeing development of processes, tools and reporting and making key decisions for enabling Modern Delivery, Delivery Maturity and Certification
- Coordinating, measuring and monitoring the execution of Modern Delivery and Delivery Maturity programs and Overseeing actions for continuous improvement and industry certification
The Modern Delivery and Delivery Maturity Function is essential for enabling the MCS business to Make the Market for Microsoft. The MCS business is a central part of Microsoft's business strategy and aligns with Microsoft's overall mission to "Empower every person and organization in the planet to achieve more".
This role requires a collaborative business leader with strong project/program management experience on Modern Delivery and Delivery Maturity programs, understanding of the consulting services delivery and project management disciplines, and the ability to successfully influence in a highly matrixed environment. The role is responsible for leading the definition of necessary delivery processes and methodology, best practices from the product teams, industry, and for driving delivery management tool and process improvement initiatives. This role is responsible for influencing the delivery management methodology and tool usage and adoption across the Microsoft Consulting Services delivery domains and account aligned teams working closely with the Domain Leadership, Domain CTOs, SQA (Services Quality Assurance) and field SMEs (Subject Matter Experts). This role collaborates and maintains partnership with Field SMEs, Domain Delivery Management, SAO (Solution Architecture Office), SQA, RolEx (Role Excellence), Readiness and Account Aligned stakeholders.
Partnering with your peers (Strategic Program Landing Leads and Tools Engineering Leads), representing cross-functional disciplines, the team will plan and deliver complex delivery management process and tool improvements, drive complex behavioral change by planning and executing change management strategies driving operational efficiencies, improving bottom line and assuring delivery quality leading to a stronger business portfolio and happy customers.
Microsoft Consulting Services' role is to Make the Market for Microsoft Products. To do so, our 6,000+ global team members inspire our customers, evolve what and how we sell integrated solutions, expand our customer base, transform delivery across technology Domains as well as within the accounts where we deliver, and simplify operations.
Microsoft Consulting Services continues to be the key differentiator in accelerating a customer's transformation ensuring they get the most out of their technology investments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and peers to define, enhance and maintain delivery methodologies and tools
- Leverage industry benchmarks to measure and improve existing delivery methodologies processes, tooling and practices
- Establish delivery methodologies and tooling implementation plan for the Domains and Account Aligned teams collaborating with key stakeholder groups and ensure they are centrally consolidated in SDMPlus (central process repository where all delivery methodologies are documented with self-serve access to the field)
- Support multiyear continuous improvement for implemented delivery methodologies and associated tooling based on field feedback and learning
- Collaborate with field stakeholders to improve usability and adoption of delivery methodologies and tooling across the Services business
- Orchestrate necessary updates and improvements to delivery methodologies and tooling, simplification and unification of delivery methodologies and tooling where applicable, driving consistency and predictability across WW for Domain and Account Aligned teams.
- Be the voice of the Domains and Account Aligned teams in driving improvements to delivery methodologies and tooling by providing inputs and collaborate with the tools engineering and enablement teams for building, landing and driving adoption of the improvements with the field users
- Be an evangelist of emerging industry best practices in services and its alignment with delivery methodologies to improve agility and efficiency for the end user personas and for the delivery business
- Owner of delivery methodology and tooling IP and represent Microsoft Services across various forums within and outside Microsoft
- Develop CMMI certification roadmap working with the Delivery Maturity team and execute on the roadmap for successful CMMI certification
Key Success Criteria and Competencies required
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad portfolio of diverse and cross-functional programs, projects and initiatives driving global impact
- Ability to lead and drive large scale change within a global Professional Services organization
- Prior experience in planning and executing CMMI and other similar industry certifications in a global environment
- Articulate compelling vision, develop followership systems thinking
- Positive disruptor that can view opportunities vs barriers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and business leaders at all levels within large enterprises.
- Influencing stakeholders to achieve impact through collaboration, presence and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and global environment spanning multiple timezones
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Consulting delivery experience as a billable role within Microsoft Services or other equivalent professional services company is required
- Deep and extensive experience in CMMI certification process and actual execution
- Experience with diverse services business (Consulting, Premier and Offshore) functions is a definite plus
- Experience with forums, certification & accreditation is definite plus
- PMI credentials in PMP , CSM / PgMP and knowledge/experience in ISO 9001 / TQM / Six Sigma/ CMMI 2.0 Dev Model (Certified CMMI Associate) processes is a plus
- Prosci , or other Change Management qualification is a plus
- Strategic thinking with the proven capability to contribute and execute a delivery strategy that resulted in quality delivery outcomes
- Understanding of key technologies and trends for one or more Domains, and articulate their impact on delivery management methodologies & tools needs to broader internal and external stakeholders to gain their support and drive necessary changes proactively
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, providing leadership by example, and an inspiring vision for driving future in a matrix environment
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the Microsoft Consulting Services organization and operations at all levels
- Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in computer science, operations, business administration, or equivalent years of experience
- 7-10 years of program or project management experience in IT, operations or business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.