Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program - the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of an IT Project Planning & Control (PP&C) Specialist
to join our team. The NASA JSC Engineering and Technology Contract (JETS) provides engineering, technology and science services to NASA at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. Our Jacobs IT department is looking for a Project Planning and Control (PP&C) Specialist to join our team. We are currently working on developing and maturing our project management system within the IT department and leading the adoption of Smartsheet throughout the contract.
The selected applicant will provide Project Planning & Control (PP&C) support to the IT Project Manager and IT management including:
Qualifications :Requisition Qualifications:
- Manage and maintain project plans, documents, schedules in Smartsheet environment.
- Coordinate project team meetings and status updates.
- Assist with project planning through project lifecycle.
- Track evolving project requirements, risks, decisions and events.
- Coordinate with financial analysts on budget updates and status as needed.
- Create workflows, forms and dashboards in Smartsheet environment.
- Import/export project data from project management system.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus nine (9) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- Experience in project controls support for large/high visibility projects.
- Familiar with waterfall and agile concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Project applications.
- Experience in developing and maintaining project schedules for multiple projects.
- Experience in application of project management practices to support good. schedule, project management and reporting processes.
- Experience with financial analysis including budget phasing/rework.
- Experience in preparing monthly summary reports, monthly estimates, and estimate at completion reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail-orientated with exceptional organizational skills.
Why Work on Our Team?
- Proficiency in Smartsheet.
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.