: Forest Electric NJ is a subsidiary of EMCOR Group. We are proud of our position as one of New Jersey's leading single-source electrical construction and telecommunications services suppliers. With over 50 years of expertise in data center infrastructure, healthcare, substation, financial infrastructure, network design, structured cabling and electrical system design-build, installation and maintenance. JOB TITLE: Associate Project Manager / ElectricalLOCATION: Edison, New JerseyESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Partner with Estimators and/or Project Managers to ensure a complete scope of work is defined and pricing review.
- Develop to become competent with reviewing drawings and specifications and preparing detailed estimates, including assigning material and labor values to take-off.
- Assist with preparing quantity take-offs of electrical and low voltage systems.
- Acquire vendor pricing on specialty materials, equipment and systems.
- Prepare, maintain and present computer generated spreadsheets, logs and reports.
- Prepare and manage communications internally and with general contractors or construction managers for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to understand the fundamental knowledge and processes of effective project management.
- Development to become competent with understanding a complete scope of work, project schedules, change orders, and subcode filings.
- Monitor project budgets and labor costs.
- Assist with material buyouts and releases.
- Attend project walk-through meetings for bidding purposes and job tracking.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with Estimators, Project Managers and Engineers.
- Prepare documents for billing purposes and coordinate with accounting personnel.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Regular, predictable and reliable onsite attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Travel to various project sites as required.
#CB3We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Formal education in electrical engineering, business administration or related field a plus.
- Two (2) years experience working for an electrical contractor in a similar capacity.
- Direct experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Work knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit a plus.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software such as Primavera or Microsoft Project a plus.
Posting ID: 588103281Posted: 2020-11-19