L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Primary Function:
- Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance systems and activities.
- Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and delivery of compliant and reliable company products.
- Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality assurance requirements and governance.
- Serves as the primary interface with customers and suppliers on quality topics.
- Assists Production areas in product and process assessments, and data capture and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the effective operation of the Quality function.
- Manage the Quality Management System and ensure ongoing compliance of the QMS to ISO 9001 / AS9100 certification. Including internal and external QMS audits, Corrective and Preventive actions, Calibration and Preventive maintenance coordination, FOD control, and Company-wide quality related metrics tracking and reporting.
- Provide Quality requirements governance for Design and Development and overall New Product Introduction process. Provide proposal Contract review, NPI gate review, New product documentation input and review, Quality input and approvals for Configuration Change Board actions, and lead the company non-conformance tracking and MRB process.
- Responsible for overall company Product Conformance to specifications and requirements: including quality checks of incoming materials, in-process steps, final product inspection and customer sell-off.
Act as focal point for Quality issues, Customer corrective actions, quality related visits or audits,
- Manage key Supply Chain activities such as new Supplier audit, selection, and performance tracking, ownership of ASL management, Quality PO requirements flowdown to suppliers, quarterly SDW Supplier Data Warehouse metrics, GIDEP representative POC, and Supplier related Corrective Actions.
- Drive Continuous Improvement within the company: including the use of 6S, Lean, Six Sigma, and other quality tools. Lead the C.I steering committee and champion the use of metrics, manage C.I. team activity and promote the company e3 savings process.
- Manage the companies Shipping and Receiving function for all production material receipts and customer product shipments.
- Manage Quality Personnel, including directing the activities of quality managers, engineers, inspectors and Production Specialists. Hire, train, develop and retain the department staff, including performance assessments and education on quality standards and processes, cross-training, continuous improvement concepts and evolving process and product requirements
- Requires a BS degree in technical field or Quality Management and/or a minimum 5 years experience in Quality Systems, Production processes, Design and Development support, Supply Chain functions and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt a plus, Black Belt preferred.
- Experience in an Aerospace/Defense environment preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, weekends and travel on occasion.
- Commitment to follow all L3Harris policies and procedures
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense Security Clearance is desirable.
- Based upon job duties, and need to visit different areas within the company, may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.