Jacobs provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs. Essential Functions
Qualifications :Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Independently perform installation, maintenance, modification, refurbishment, cleaning, troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, calibration, verification, certification, checkout, test and operation of fixed cranes, doors, and platforms, logistics material handling equipment, and LES shop.
- Have a thorough understanding of various fixed systems to include mechanical, electromechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication systems, including machine shop equipment and related equipment such as piping, valves, gauges, regulators, compressors, pumps, gears, structural assemblies, and other mechanical devices or components and other related equipment.
- Operate fixed cranes, horizontal and vertical doors, and platforms as required for both operations and maintenance.
- Understand proper hazardous waste collection and disposal procedures.
- Work from written or verbal instructions, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, vendor manuals and applicable specifications and codes.
- Conduct functional and operational tests of refurbished, repaired and modified systems, equipment and components.
- Uses test equipment, instruments, measuring devices, handling equipment and shop tools necessary to perform assigned tasks such as crimpers, hydraulic and hand binders, torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers, meters, scopes, soldering/desoldering equipment, strippers, and other associated equipment.
- Make preventive maintenance inspections as required.
- Obtain measurements, field dimensions, continuity checks and other related information necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Operate vehicles and other types of equipment required for completion of assigned tasks.
- Maintain logs, records, charts, etc., as required
- Maintain certifications, licenses, permits, etc., required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Shift work as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
HS Diploma or equivalent and five (5) years related experience.
Essential FunctionsPhysical Requirements
- Requires rounded training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Should have general knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory; methods of measurement (tool metrology) pertaining to crane and door equipment; electrical power distribution equipment; mechanical components; fluid power components; and mathematical calculations as it relates to problem solving and troubleshooting the preceding components.
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, lifts, and precision measuring and testing equipment is required.
- Must work well in a team environment and interface well with the client.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain a Class D motor vehicle license.
- Preferred candidate has electrician related experience.
- Available to accommodate shift work.
- Duties may include the handling of hazardous waste and transportation of hazardous waste (if qualified).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to distinguish between colors (ex: blue and green wires)
- Ability to comply with safety policies and compliances
- Ability to use limbs with 90% range
- Must use safety protective equipment where required
- Legal ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to climb ladders, towers and stairs
- May require physical exertion in climbing, lifting, squatting, crawling, carrying, or critical work in cramped quarters.
Equipment and Machines
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
- Fieldwork can be a combination of inside and outside depending on the project.
- Working at heights will be required.
- Confined spaces may be required.
- Work among equipment and stations in support of launches or stands-by.
- Position requires daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Overhead Cranes, Door, Powered Platforms & Hoists
- Operate computer terminals, personal computers, and related computer peripheral equipment to maintain/adjust database logs and records, print documents and record work performance.
- Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Other Essential Functions
- Full-time position, shift work.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Occasional overtime, sometimes with short notice, is required to meet demanding schedule
- If offered position, proof of US Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must pass a federal background investigation.
- Ability to obtain certifications required for facility maintenance.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Must pass all applicable physicals required for this position
Posting ID: 588103518Posted: 2020-11-19