Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
This position has the principal focus of participating in the development and implementation of our firm-wide "Civil Works" oriented growth strategy which reaches across the F&ES Business Unit and other geographically-based Business Units/regions. The strategy will focus on the assessment of the Federal civil works market, the portion of the market that may be best suited to Jacobs, and strategies and tactics for growing our business in this market sector - capitalizing on successful pursuit and delivery of key civil works contracts. The position requires a high level of program and technical expertise in large scale civil works projects including environmental services (e.g., NEPA, natural and cultural resources), public private partnerships (P3), disaster response, and all forms of civil works improvements (dams, levees, flood control structures, coastal and infrastructure resiliency, etc.).
This growth initiative works in consonance with other growth-focused strategies which include coastal resiliency programs, water resource development programs, severe weather change and adaptation programs, multiple environmental services, and multiple defense related growth initiatives. The position requires the ability to work with and lead various business, engineering and environmental disciplines to accomplish multi-disciplined and cross functional solutions for our clients. The position also requires a working knowledge of Federal planning, design, construction, procurement and budgeting processes.
Client contact is essential to understand and provide solutions that meet their needs. The position requires client contact at all levels for the purpose building relationships, understanding our client's mission and requirements, and facilitating our delivery of key projects and programs. Given the level of this position, building client relationships across all levels of the client organization (e.g., USACE HQ, Divisions, and Districts)) will be a major area of emphasis.
As a senior sales position, the CAM role requires the ability to engage with clients for the identification of business opportunities, and to lead a diverse set of resources in the pursuit of those opportunities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as a primary point of contact for assigned clients, and maintaining and promoting the Firm's relationship and position with the client(s)
- Identification and prioritization of business opportunities that will lead to consistent growth for the Firm
- Assessing project and program requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client
- Leading the development of the Firm's win strategy and value proposition related to key pursuits
- Building internal and external teams for the successful pursuit and delivery of opportunities
- Leading the development of the project fee proposal and coordination with discipline leadership for input.
- Participating in negotiations with the client
- Representing Jacobs as a subject matter expert in relevant external forums (industry events, conferences, etc.)
The Client Account Manager role requires a diversity of thought and capability. The position will require engagement with clients across the portfolio, spanning the Air Force civil engineer community and a wide variety of USACE Districts - including those with overseas responsibilities (USACE Europe, Middle East, Japan, Far East Districts). While the primary emphasis of this role will be civil works programs and opportunities, the CAM position also requires engagement with the Firm's additional service offerings across the Federal A/E/C markets, including planning and programming, studies, design, construction phase support, operations, and commissioning - all supporting the military construction (MILCON) and facility sustainment, restoration, and maintenance (FSRM) programs. Environmental compliance and investigation and remediation of contaminants is also an area of emphasis for the CAM.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent.
- United States Citizenship.
- At least 15 years of relevant civil works project delivery and program management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of DOD design and construction requirements and standards
- Existing relationships across the Army and Air Force client portfolios
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- An active security clearance
Join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across the country and the world. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.