Fire Alarm Technician About Us:
Northstar Fire Protection of Texas is a Texas based company. Northstar has been on the forefront of the fire protection industry since 1980. With offices in Austin, Lewisville, Houston, San Antonio, and Atlanta, GA we have grown to be a nationally recognized company. Northstar engineers, fabricates, and installs fire sprinkler & fire alarm systems for structures including commercial, government, healthcare, high-rise condominiums and mixed-use projects.
We joined Shambaugh & Son, L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. and together we perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
We recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization. Job Summary:
Northstar Fire Protection is looking for Fire Alarm Technicians in Austin, TX. You will be responsible for installing Fire Alarm Systems for all types of projects including Industrial and Commercial. Must be organized, efficient and work well with others.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site inspection, testing, troubleshooting, repair and installation of fire alarm, suppression and releasing systems as well as associated devices in accordance with industry standards.
- Responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work for inspections, and determine if additional information is needed.
- Inform Coordinator of any problems and concerns with assigned projects
- Develop a thorough understanding of integrating a fire alarm system with HVAC controls, smoke management systems, elevator controllers, sprinkler/ suppression systems, card access, security systems and CCTV
- Have thorough understanding of the principles of fire alarm protection and fire alarm systems. Understand the specific arrangement and operation of a suppression system(s) and a releasing function(s) and be aware of the hazards associated with inadvertent system discharge for the purpose of inspection, testing and maintenance
- Report to assignment with required testing tools including suitable multi-meter, hand tools, printer, etc
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, software/ systems, programs, schematics and operation/ product manuals consistent with the level of training received
- Prepare associated paperwork/ forms for customer service activities. Return completed documentation required for master customer file, future inspections, service, accounting and payroll in a timely manner as required by procedures
- Maintain confidential information related to services performed
- Other duties as assigned
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledShambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.
- Must have a valid Texas FAL license
- Minimum of High School Diploma/ GED; 2-4 year degree in a technical field from accredited college or university
- Immediately Pursue/ Obtain/ maintain a NICET II, but not required
- Minimum 4 years' experience in the installation of low voltage systems, including Fire/Life Safety Systems, Access Control Systems, Nurse Call Systems, Paging Systems, High-Rise Smoke Control Systems, School Clock Systems, and Telephone Systems
- Have fundamental knowledge of test equipment including multi-meters, digital analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices
- Must be able to understand Ohm's law, resistance and AC/DC circuits
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
- Must have experience working on commercial construction sites. And be able to run and complete a project with minimal supervision
- Must provide all personal hand tools
Posting ID: 588103725Posted: 2020-11-19