Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we've solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations. Primary responsibilities for the Sr Hardware Engineer span the following areas of responsibility:
- Printed Board (PB) and Printed Board Assembly (PBA) design in layout tools
- Experience with Mentor DXD/EXP Tool Suite desired
- Utilization of Valor to run PB fabrication checks
- Utilizing and updating Board Layout metrics template on a regular basis (used for estimates and earned value)
- Interfacing with internal and external customers on development of PB/PBA data
- Knowledge of design disciplines for rigid, rigid-flex, flex printed board fabrication
- Knowledge of complex Digital, Analog and Power Supply circuit design technologies
- Knowledge of placement and routing constraints for onboard DDR
- Basic understanding of DFX principles, especially involving DFM, DFT, DFA, and DFF
- Individual must have good oral/written communication and organizational skills as this task requires a methodical approach for process development, implementation and problem solving. Projects may have International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Commercial Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Must understand restrictions and follow procedures.
Travel within US and/ or internationally may be required - 10% YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years board layout design experience
- Must be US Citizen due to ITAR restrictions
- Deep understanding of a variety of hardware engineering standards and specifications
- RF Specialty
- Knowledge of board layout disciplines in gigahertz frequency ranges.
- Knowledge of MLIN, SLIN, lumped and PCB element structures, logical and physical.
- Knowledge of coax structures for signal protection, co-planer wave guide transitions, MLIN to SLIN transitions.
- Knowledge of board materials commonly used in RF design and fabrication concerns.
- Experience using Mentor DXD/EXP tool suite desired but not required
- Understanding of the IPDS development process
- Knowledge of Industry standards including IPC, ANSI and ASME
- Requires background in electrical hardware design and or electrical design layout
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool suite; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in the design and layout of commercial/military/space avionics multi-layer boards
- Good oral and written communications skills as Candidate will work with Engineers, Designers and Technicians
- Ability to Multi-task
- Strong team player
- JOB ID: HRD105668
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N,Clearwater,Florida,33764,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.