L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: CNC Machinist
We are currently seeking aCNC Machinist
for ourNorfolk, VA
The CNC Machinist fabricates, assembles, and installs hardware on production sheet metal products and equipment such as control boxes, ventilation, and structures in accordance with blueprints, drawings, and specifications. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Candidate must have at least five (5) years professional experience in sheet metal production operations, including complete familiarity with most common manual and CNC sheet metal and forming operations and equipment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with complex sheet metal operations, laser cutting operations, and special fixture, tooling design, and usage is also desired.
- Candidate will be required to demonstrate familiarity with both simple and advanced sheet metal set-ups, tooling, technical concepts, drawings, and requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to interpret technical instructions, possess exceptional shop math skills, and the ability to perform quality inspections for dimensional and technical conformance.
- Must have a proven record of reliability and adherence to high quality standards.
- Candidate will be required to perform assigned production jobs, at the discretion of the production supervisor.
- Candidate will be required to perform production process controls as directed by the Production Supervisor, which will include job log in and out, conformance to work package instructions and time estimates, and to utilize efficient sheet metal tooling set-up.
- Must be available to work overtime hours as required by any given project, task, or urgent needs as deemed necessary by production supervisor.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.