L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title: Sr Spec, Technical TrainingJob Code:IMS20200911-52889Job Location:Greenville, TXJob Description:
Successful candidate will work with subject matter experts to develop/deliver technical training for airborne and ground based systems. This position requires attention to detail and follow-up on all delegated assignments.Applicant must have a background in Communications as a Communications Systems Officer or Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance as a Mission Operator, Sensor Operator, or a Mission System Maintenance/Electronic Warfare (E/W) technician, ELINT operator. Responsibilities include:
Partner with engineering teams, relevant team members, and customer representatives to define the priorities for curriculum/courseware development and to coordinate completion with product release dates. Develop/deliver training presentations and lesson plans from engineering documentation, field service requirements and vendor spec sheets. Create course materials that ensure participants have a solid understanding of the systems, and the skills needed to operate or maintain their systems in their day-to-day responsibilities. Must be able to deliver course materials in a formal classroom setting, trainer/simulator, or aircraft.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a minimum of six (6) years prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of training and experience in Instructional Technology
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience on ISR platforms a must
- Experience on EO/IR systems a must
- Formal U.S. military instructional experience desired (TRADOC, AETC)
- Formal training development experience in a technical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical engineering drawings
- Strong knowledge of English grammar and usage,writing/organizational/teaching techniques, as well as a demonstratedability to analyze technical information
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Learning Management Systems (BlackBoard, Canvas, Moodle, Google Classroom)
- E-Learning software (Articulate Storyline, iSpring, Camtasia, etc.)
- Graphic design experience (Blender, Canva, BeFunky, etc.)
- Knowledge of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, game engine development and 3D modeling
- Adobe Captivate
- ATD Instructional Design, Training Delivery, Adult Learning, or Master Trainer certifications
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.