S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type. Job Title: Inspector - Road Warrior
The primary function of this role is to perform NFPA based inspections of water-based fire systems and fire alarm systems. The Company goal is to continuously grow the revenues of Inspections while maintaining profits, satisfying customer's requirements, and staying compliant with NFPA guidelines.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment with a focus towards customer development and support, quality work performance, and an understanding of all the necessary NFPA codes that support each fire system. It will require full time
travel throughout the state
to customer sites. * Sign-on Bonus & Competitive Compensation *Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on wet, dry, deluge, pre-action, standpipe systems, fire hydrants, and fire pumps.
- Perform NFPA 72 based inspections on fire alarm systems, including all components of those systems.
- Perform NFPA 10 based inspections on fire extinguishers.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of wet based fire systems and describe them to owners and service managers for repairs.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of fire alarm systems.
- Monitor and assure progress and completion of all assigned tasks.
- Complete and submit all work tickets and inspection reports to administrative personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for self-scheduling of daily inspections.
- Up-sell Company capabilities to new and existing customers.
- Perform inspections from man lifts at elevations of 30 to 40 feet from ground level, as necessary.
- Perform annual inspections on both domestic and fire backflows.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education / Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years' experience performing inspections is required.
- Vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Working knowledge of the operational characteristics of the following Fire Protection Systems: wet, dry, foam, deluge, pre-action, standpipe, fire hydrants, and fire pumps is required.
- Retain an individual state(s) license to perform inspections on sprinkler, fire pump, hydrants, fire alarm, and fire extinguishers - required.
- Individual backflow license is required.
- Knowledge of NFPA 10, 25, and 72 is required.
- Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues is required.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors/articulating lifts is required.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record is required.
- Ability to obtain all required certifications, including NICET is required.
- NICET Level II in water based or fire alarm systems is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds is required.
- Experience utilizing a tablet, smart phone, and/or other technology is required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel) applications required.
Posting ID: 588104589Posted: 2020-11-19