Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders. 2nd shift Warehouse Associate positions starting at $18.50/hr!Hours are Sunday-Thursday from 4PM-12:30AM
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a company focused on hydroponic and controlled environment growing. Dedicated to creating high quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate
who will grow at ourVancouver, WA
Distribution Center. This position is for the 2nd shift.
MUST HAVE ABILITY TO WORK THIS SHIFTWhat you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Work within our shipping, receiving, or replenishment teams
- Safely and efficiently pull product from the warehouse for delivery to local customers
- Unload, breakdown, and stow incoming product
- Operate varying types of equipment including: forklift, pallet riders, pallet wrapper, order picker
- Work closely with other warehouse personnel to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Contribute to a fun and fast paced working environment
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Ability to perform with a sense of urgency and accuracy
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Experience with product pulling/tracking computer programs is desirable
- Experience operating warehouse equipment (forklift, order picker, pallet riders, etc.) is desirable
- Must be able to lift 55lb. products periodically throughout the day with no physical limitations
- Ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 11 holidays
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health
puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year's flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.