Job Description Facility:
Lea County Correctional FacilityCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Under general guidance, this position develops, organizes and conducts programs to provide treatment for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts individualized substance abuse counseling sessions and updates and maintains timely and thorough file updates. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counsels inmates individually and in group sessions to assist in overcoming substance dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes.
- Completes and maintains accurate records and reports regarding the inmates histories and progress, services provided, and other required information.
- Develops individualized client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience and client histories.
- Reviews and evaluates clients progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Interview inmates, reviews records, and confers with other facility professionals to evaluate the inmates physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in specific programs.
- Provides inmates or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services and programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Modifies treatment plans to comply with changes in client status.
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency treatment programs and the Substance Abuse Education Program.
- Provides relevant substance abuse information in a classroom-like environment.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates educational presentations and group counseling on substance related matters.
- Selects and recommends instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains professional relationships with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, or Human Services
- Certification as an Addiction Specialist (CAS).
- Experience in individualized counseling preferred.
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve-Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 588104713Posted: 2020-11-19