Job Description Facility:
SOUTHEAST TEXAS TRANSITIONAL CENTERCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Under limited supervision, provide support and structure to residents in developing program plans. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May perform all duties of Case Manager I and II.
- Assign new residents to the appropriate Case Manager, notify administration and the Parole Officer of the assignment to ensure awareness of the entry and exit activity of all residents. Upon exit sign off on the resident exit folder ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Be available to residents to provide opportunity to discuss matters of personal nature, so that residents receive the support and feedback necessary to make positive behavioral changes. Facilitate crisis and disciplinary intervention with Case Managers, residents and parole officers.
- Facilitate group meetings with residents (e.g. Town hall, etc.) to increase residents' exposure to other support groups.
- Provide leadership to peer or lower-classified employees through the assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results and technical instruction or training.
- Review resident files with Case Managers monthly to ensure intake paperwork, program plans, weekly meetings, and other services are in compliance with the contract.
- Communicate with Probation/Parole Officers concerning residents in compliance with the contract.
- Provide input to management for the purpose of hiring new Case Managers, reviews, salary action, promotion, transfer or disciplinary action, administering personnel action as necessary. Conduct performance evaluations which are to be completed on or before the due date.
- Comply with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) - Parole Division contract the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and respond positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adhere to attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents. If an emergency situation should arise be available to respond to assist facility personnel.
- Comply with Facility safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associates Degree Preferred.
- With Associates degree: Two (2) years supervisory experience of staff in a related field.
- Without degree: Four (4) years full-time experience as a counselor/case manager, two (2) of which must be at the supervisory level.
- Familiar with basic psychological theories, case management techniques, correctional systems and current correctional practices.
- Able to conduct employee counseling sessions and facilitate departmental meetings; interface with outside agencies; write clear concise reports in English using correct grammar; add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages; react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory.
Posting ID: 588104721Posted: 2020-11-19