Job Description Facility:
BEAUMONT TRANSITIONAL TREATMENT CENTERCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Facility Director. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of the residents' health care needs. This position provides medical advocacy consistent with security procedures and the mission of the facility.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts medical screening on all offenders upon arrival at the facility.
- Conducts education for residents with diabetes and other chronic illnesses.
- Makes referrals to hospitals and clinics
- Assists residents with filling weekly pill boxes for self-administration of prescription medications.
- Approves "Keep On Person" (KOP) list of medications for facility.
- Approves Emergency Medical Plans and other Emergency Action Plans, as applicable.
- Provides training to medical technicians and all employees responsible for supervising residents in self-administration of medication; provides oversight for the entire self -administration of medication process.
- Evaluates assesses, and determines the potential need and condition of required first aid supplies; fills and checks first aid kits as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with all facility medical policies, TDCJ policies, DSHS policies and the Texas Administrative Code
- Serves as point of contact for City Health Department concerning residents suspected of having a communicable disease.
- Screens and clears residents to work in food service.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles, syringes and biohazard waste.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing assessments, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 588104724Posted: 2020-11-19