As a Bench Technician, you will prepare and customize computers and peripherals to fulfill PPG Automotive Refinish customer orders and to help solve computer related problems! You will perform bench operations involving computer assembly, work with the warehouse person to handle stock to prepare for assembly and verification of computer and software functions, identify flaws or imperfections in a computer or software setup and resolve, perform material handling in a warehouse environment.Key Responsibilities
- Assemble, and or, configure computers
- Assist with ISO preparedness
- Update internal documentation records, logs and tracking information
- Coordinate vendor claims against warranties and handle claims to resolution for in-house customer computers and computers at customer field locations across the United States and Canada
- Assist in and, or, restocking benches in coordination with Logistics Warehouse coordinator
- Support Help Desk team in resolving hardware and software customer issues to include solving computer hardware and using BenchMark testing software
- Become familiar with PPG software
- Build, maintain and use Windows computer images
- Learn Word, Excel, Oracle and FedEx software well enough to provide support for handling orders, shipping parcels and assisting the Inventory Specialist.
- An Associate's Degree in Business, Computer Science; or equivalent work experience or military experience is required.
- 1-2 years' experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel and Word, working with Operating System platforms (including Windows 8 and higher).
- Microsoft certifications and, or, A+ or Network+ are preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and stand 90% of the day
- Steel toed shoes must be worn when engaged around the work-benches.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday - everyday. PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG: We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference. We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets. We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable. We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly. We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities. We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspxWe are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process. Pay Transparency poster
: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdfEEO is the Law
: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfEEO is the Law Supplement