Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Transportation who will join our Supply Chain Distribution team.
This position will be based at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/
This position is responsible for logistics execution improvement through analytical and project support. A primary focus for this role is carrier management for all modes - IMDL, TL, LTL. This includes: carrier performance, rate management, carrier feedback and stakeholder communications. Activities will include performance analysis and reporting, leading across functional areas, operational excellence, process improvements and cost improvement. In addition, this role will ensure customer satisfaction through the improvement and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures, company policy, all legal/regulatory considerations, and company/regional Safety and Quality procedures.
What you'll do in this role:
- Drive day-to-day performance excellence; customer deliveries, STPO execution & transportation compliance, systems (TMS solution), route guides, freight rating & payment discrepancies and carrier EDI.
- Provides support for annual carrier RFP with data analytics and recommendations for contractual agreements based on cost & service metrics.
- Provides support for truckload utilization, compliance metrics and logistics dashboards to provide oversight carrier relations.
- Maintains oversight responsibility for transportation and carrier compliance metrics.
- Works cross functionally across supply chain (planning, business development teams, customer service, procurement, manufacturing and logistics) as well as with marketing, sales, regulatory and finance.
- Create supply chain & logistics visibility to support understanding, business planning and decision support using Tableau dashboards, Business Warehouse, SAP, and other reporting mechanisms for daily/weekly/monthly monitoring & reporting.
- Uses written and verbal communication skills to communicate to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, supply chain management, operations, finance or other related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of operations or analytics experience. Desired systems experience includes SAP, TMS, Business Warehouse (or similar reporting software), Tableau and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures within a manufacturing CPG company and general knowledge of retail business a plus.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong project management management skills with proven ability to accept project ownership and accountability
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Expert user of Tableau
- Strong understanding of Business Warehouse, Business Objects or other data warehouse reporting experience
- Able to work & communicate effectively across all functional areas of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence
- Active listening skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to change
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor's office.
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- 12 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health
puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year's flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.