Cherokee Millwright has been providing top-notch service since 1993. The company was founded to fulfill the growing need for a full-service millwright company that treats customers like family and equipment with care.
Cherokee Millwright Inc. is seeking dependable and motivated craftsperson who installs, dismantles, repairs, or moves machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, rigging plans, blueprints, or other drawings.Cherokee is looking for millwrights for future positions in TN. There will be no per diem offered and it is 40 hour per week positions. A minimum of 2 years millwright experience required.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machines.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoist, dollies, rollers, airbags, and fork trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails.
- Constructs foundation for machines; insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoist, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Uses various hand tools, power tools, torches, and welders.
- Operates Fork Lifts, Scissor Lifts, and Boom Lifts.
NoneEducation and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.