Under general direction, the Retail Associate is responsible for selling, maintaining, and stocking products to enhance the customer experience and to provide friendly, efficient and professional customer service.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Open and close store.
- Greet each guest as they enter the store.
- Check in vendors accurately (count with vendor and check for correct product).
- Price, check dates, and rotates merchandise in correct date order.
- Operates cash register and follows cash drop procedures.
- Counts register at the beginning and end of shift.
- Assists guests with location, price and use of merchandise.
- Read and follow the daily instructions for all special deliveries of coffee and/or food.
- Maintain coffee bar at all times, keep stocked and cleaned.
- Break down and clean coffee bar at the end of each day.
- Keep shelves, counters and register area clean (maintain a clean and neat work area).
- Keep all stock pulled forward with labels facing out (coolers and shelves).
- Wipe down coolers and glass doors as needed.
- Answer telephone in guest friendly voice, according to policy, to assist in guest needs.
- Completes all required training/compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in the retail/cash handling field is required.
- No supervisory experience required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Food Handler's card - must be state/county-specific.
- Alcohol Awareness Training Certification - must be state/county-specific.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work alone.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Must be of legal age to sell alcohol.
- Must be of legal age to sell cigarette and/or tobacco products.
- Basic math skills.
- Cash handling skills (the ability to count currency, make and count back change).
- Ability to do basic math calculations with or without the use of a calculator.
Posting ID: 588105004Posted: 2020-11-19