Job Description Facility:
Kingman Correctional & Rehabilitation FacilCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Arranges inmates/detainees for radiology examinations. Produces radiographs (x-rays) to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems. Performs duties as ordered by a physician or physician assistant/nurse practitioner within the capability of the facility.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a working knowledge of radiation and electrical hazards to prevent exposure to detainees/inmates and staff.
- Schedules detainees/inmates for x-rays ordered by physician including outside services when required.
- Ensures proper positioning of detainee/inmate and exposure/development of film for proper diagnosis.
- Assists physician and medical staff in performing studies, as requested.
- Maintains an accurate system of identification, filing and recording of films and reports.
- Checks and maintains equipment in clean, proper, safe working order.
- Reports any equipment malfunction, takes appropriate safety steps, and reports repair needs to management.
- Orders chemicals, x-ray supplies, and replacement parts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Graduate from an accredited radiology technician program and current license or certification (where applicable) to practice in the state in which the facility is located is required. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
Posting ID: 588105020Posted: 2020-11-19