Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
Located in the school, the Food Service Worker position performs a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, and serving duties in a commercial kitchen, storeroom, dining, or serving area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Washes objects by hand or with cleaning equipment.
- Cleans dishes, utensils, pots, pans etc. and places in assigned storage areas in a an organized and orderly manner.
- Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service machines.
- Stocks storage areas with various products.
- Cleans, sweeps, wipes down, etc. all general dining, kitchen, or storage areas (in some cases), spike rooms, and equipment as well as all floors.
- Removes garbage from assigned areas, sets up or breaks down tables, snack bars, display cases, serving lines, etc.
- Assists with various periodically scheduled large cleaning projects.
- Assists cooks and others as needed and coordinates one's own activities with other's.
- May occasionally prepare food or cook vegetables, entrees, coffee, sauces, meats, etc.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of work experience or documented vocational training sufficient to demonstrate a knowledge of cleaning equipment, food preparation, and general cleaning processes or a suitability for this type of work preferred.
- Certain position(s) require a valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor (Occasional exposure to extreme weather)
Noise level: Moderate
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: High
Description of environment: School kitchen
Frequently required to walk and stand. Occasionally required to lift, pull and push. Rarely in cramped or confined spaces and climbing.
Physical requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Competencies NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org