PPG is now hiring talented individuals that enjoy outside sales to help drive business through our PPG Paints Stores! The Business Development Representative
responsible for targeting new business and driving new sales and growing both existing business year-over-year. This role covers a specific geographic area and will service Indianapolis, Indiana. Key Responsibilities
- Perform market research to identify prospective clients.
- Build a strong working relationship with new customers to increase the potential business opportunities.
- Understand the customer requirements and work with the Regional Sales Manager to make necessary business arrangements to meet needs of customers
- Increase existing customer share to meet sales expectations
- Implement business development initiatives to achieve sales objectives and profitability.
- Participate in trade shows, sales meetings, webinars and training sessions.
- Develop new prospects through referrals, networking, online research, and outbound calls.
- Prepare sales presentations and business proposals
- Research and update the contact details of potential customers in customer database.
- Establish each prospect within the Customer Relationship Management.
- Prepare relevant reports for various business development activities
- Minimum 2 years of previous sales experience with proven customer service acumen required.
- High school diploma required. Higher level education degree in a business related field preferred.
- Digital literacy: knowledge of Microsoft office applications required, Power BI experience preferred, CRM software experience preferred.
- Daily travel within assigned territory.
- Valid driver's license.
- Previous coatings experience an asset but not required.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday - everyday. PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter. The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG: We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference. We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets. We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable. We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly. We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities. We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses. PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspxWe are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process. Pay Transparency poster
: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdfEEO is the Law
: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfEEO is the Law Supplement