As an Assistant Store Manager
, you will assist with running a store location and helping the store achieve top sales and profit performance. Do you want to be a vital part of a fast-paced environment? This is the role for you!Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring that service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved
- Maintaining a high level of associate engagement through effective leadership
- Maintaining an understanding of local market, operations-based selling, and customer base
- Achieving sales plan by controlling expenses, working capital, inventory, shrinkage, and growing net contribution
- Ensuring that the appearance of the store's exterior and interior, including merchandizing displays, are maintained to required standards
The Assistant Store Manager must be high energy and able to learn quickly. You must have a customer-centric attitude and enjoy interacting with different types of people and personalities.
- Must have 2 to 4 years of retail store experience
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Strong customer service skills
- Broad knowledge of the application and use of paint and sundries, preferred
- Ability to attend to details while engaging in work of a repetitive nature
- Ability to work flexible shifts and hours
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds infrequently and 40-60 pounds routinely
- Ability to relocate will enhance future career advancement opportunities
- Bilingual candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are a plus but not required
- Must pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday - everyday. PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter. The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG: We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference. We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets. We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable. We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly. We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities. We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses. PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspxWe are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process. Pay Transparency poster
: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf EEO is the Law
: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf EEO is the Law Supplement