Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.Job Title:
Project ManagerJob Summary:
This position involves planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling all contract functions between Mesa Energy Systems and our client. This role is responsible for daily operations and maintenance, and reimbursable projects under the contract. Oversees the contract budget; supervision of project personnel, supervision of new construction and remodeling of facilities; repair and maintenance, and systematic inspection, planning, and accomplishing repairs to facilities.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the overall operations of the contract, including: the performance of daily operations, scheduled maintenance; administration of subcontracts for facilities work.
- Evaluate and insure the efficient operation of the project, controlling operational expenses at a minimum level that is consistent with sound maintenance practices and contractual requirements.
- Provide administrative and technical direction and supervision to staff in completing work assignments.
- Discuss, plan and delegate major project assignments to supervisory staff; determine building priorities that are of significant scope.
- Ensures proper upkeep of facilities to include heating, ventilation, air conditioning, sanitation, general appearance of buildings and grounds and emergency situations affecting the facilities.
- Coordinates purchase of necessary supplies, equipment and services from appropriate sources and maintains proper inventory control, maintenance and consumable supplies.
- Maintains liaison with architects, engineers and contractors/ subcontractors engaged in plant expansion, renovation, or other major projects.
- Maintains sufficient records, files, controls, procedures to insure management and work production.
- Leads a team of technical employees. Responsible for maintaining a strong, trained and disciplined workforce.
- Develop training sessions for employees who require them.
- Maintains a strong safety program
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control all aspects of physical plant activities.
- Ability to work with the customer to find mutually satisfactory solutions to difficult issues.
- Ability to work with management systems and variety of skilled/unskilled, professional, administrative, and industry personnel.
- Basic knowledge of office administration, plant management, reporting, budgeting and control, and business operations, blueprints, buildings, grounds, equipment, housekeeping, construction, repair, maintenance, purchasing, inventory control, fire, safety management.
- Prepares financial forecasts and monthly updates. Ensures that the contract is managed in a manner that meets all contractual requirements and Mesa Energy Systems financial goals.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management with 5 years of demonstrated experience. Must have knowledge of submitting written proposals, scopes of work, scheduling and coordinating site contractors and other assigned personnel; through understanding of preventive maintenance schedules and operations and the ability to meet demanding customer requirements.
- Must have commercial HVAC experience
- Strong experience with Windows and MS Office
- Demonstrated skill at developing and nurturing client relationships
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to organize and lead a group of people
- Ability to work independently or as member of a team
- Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
- The individual must be able to walk throughout a large facility to include climbing stairs, ship ladders, and walking on catwalks.
Posting ID: 588105413Posted: 2020-11-19