United States of America City/Cities:
Northampton Travel Required:
00% - 25% Relocation Provided:
No Job Posting End Date:
Not Available Shift:
First Shift (United States of America) Job Description Summary:
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The primary role of the Electrical & Instrumentation Technician (E&IT) - Controls is to provide competent and effective electrical, instrumentation and controls support to Plant operations.
The roles and responsibilities include:
Minimum Job Requirements: (Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions)
- Debug and troubleshoot automation control systems, including PLC's HMI's, Servo's and instrumentation.
- Able to Debug and troubleshoot automation control Networks (i.e., EtherNET, ControlNET, DeviceNET, Profibus, ASI bus, Legacy industrial control networks, and similar systems as found in the Plant).
- Understand National Electrical Code, NFPA, and related specifications and its application in an industrial environment.
- Possess an understanding of calibration procedures for process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow, level and composition, along with an understanding of process controls and troubleshooting.
- Able to create drawings, including schematics, P&ID, and one-line diagrams Network layouts, Control Panel Designs.
Skills:Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
- Skill in troubleshooting controls and instrumentation problems on production equipment and applying test procedures.
- Skill in the use, troubleshooting and modification of programmable logic control (PLC) systems (such as Allen-Bradley, Siemens, etc.,).
- Ability to test, calibrate, troubleshoot, overhaul, repair, and install complete instrumentation and controls systems.
- Maintenance background, which includes hydraulics, controls, electrical, PLC's, machine tools and pneumatics.
- Able to read one-line diagrams, P&ID's, blueprints and schematics.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Highly desirable, but not required:
- Electricians license
- or ISA Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST)
- or Certified Automation Professional (CAP) or equivalent certification
- or Associates in an electrical discipline
- or has at least 3 years' experience working on automation and controls systems.
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what's possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors - curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Visionto learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Posting ID: 588106001Posted: 2020-11-19