Responsible for preparing all assigned vehicles for the refinishing and reassembly processes and support Paint Technicians in paint jobs as requiredEssential Job Duties
- Complete all paint preparation processes for vehicles according to factory specification including the direction of the mentoring Paint Technician and by following the written repair order
- Assist Paint Technician in pre-op by preparing spray-out panels to determine blend needs and assist in sanding and buffing to ensure the paint finish meets quality standards
- Actively participate in morning board meetings by knowing the status of assigned vehicles and assisting in problem solving to keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery
- Consistently participate in monthly safety meetings and utilizes all required safety equipment and follow proper refinishing procedures in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Adhere to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal
- Follow vendor procedures to maintain all tools and equipment, including maintenance of paint booth and booth filters and maintains a clean and organized work space
- Utilize air sanders, spray guns, sanding blocks, etc. in order to complete quality work
- Review estimate to ensure all operations listed have been completed and verify the panel/parts to be painted
- Clean, wax, polish and refurbish vehicles
- Verify repaired areas are finished to Caliber standards
- Identify all areas of the repair that may require additional corrosion protection (hidden welds, etc.)
- Strict adherence to the "Principles of Downdraft Technology"
- Insure that all paint operations are complete, all masking is removed, and all prior paint-related disassembly has been reassembled prior to returning the vehicle to the body technician
- Compliance to all Caliber safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned including, but not limited to washing cars, cleaning the shop, assisting other teammates, etc.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- HS diploma or GED. Auto Body Vo-Tech certificate strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions, written estimates and work orders
- Multi-tasking; adapt easily to fast-paced environment
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Frequent physical activity such as kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, lifting above shoulders is a part of daily activity as well as repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion and lifting objects over 50 pounds. Must be able to push/pull parts carts and cars with assistance. Working environment consists of: Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise. Caliber enforces the Mandatory requirement to wear protective equipment. Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside.
Posting ID: 588106769Posted: 2020-11-19