NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to drive customer delivery via agile practices, innovative software development, and high performing and globally locatedengineering teams.
This position is responsible for customer satisfaction in the Retail space and transforming monolithic applications to cloud solutions.
This role will lead Merchandising program in the Retail org.
Sounds Interesting? We would love to hear from you! Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide leadership to a globally distributed software organization in an agile environment.
- Manage concurrent projects and engineering staff to ensure project timing is maintained.
- Ensure customer success by delivering quality solutions on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Allocate resources as necessary to ensure success for all business requirements (cost, timing, quality, etc.).
- Develop resource plans and ensure that the organization has sufficient time to react to insufficient resources.
- Ensure agile plans are followed and maintained on a monthly basis.
- Build and maintain productive relationships within a matrixed organization.
- Use strong engineering decisioning to ensure a properly developed solution.
- Serve as a professional example for others to follow.
- Define and track KPIs for the team.
- Objectively evaluate team performance and develop resources.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience managing global software engineering teams of 25-30 people
- 5+ years of experience in Agile environment
- Proven software engineering experience
- Established expertise with developer tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Very strong people management and mentoring skills
- A passion for resolving complicated problems
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job. EEO Statement
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment. Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.