Special Procedures - St. Joseph - Interventional RadiologyShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSUMMARY
The radiology nurse performs all duties necessary to facilitate the safety and comfort of all patients undergoing interventional procedures within the radiology department. Must coordinate and continue nursing care of inpatients. Responds and intervenes in any emergency situation that may arise. Performs any other duties necessary to deliver quality patient care in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the health center. The radiology nurse reports to the Radiology Supervisor and works under the direction of the Radiology Medical Director. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Assists in interventional radiology imaging examinations in accordance with departmental guidelines and ensures safety to the patient, public, and self. Assists in pre-procedure patient preparation and provides pre and post-procedure care of patients. Performs all clerical duties needed to assist in the patient care process and demonstrates thorough and accurate documentation of all patient care/procedures. Transport or escort patients to and from SP area. Keeps areas stocked at all times and room clean. Cleans equipment per departmental policy after each patient use. Responds to emergency situations.
Operates and maintains equipment used and records all maintenance in log books, performs quality control testing as required by department quality assurance plan/coordinator
Educates patients and/or family member to procedure and any other educational requirements.
Maintains competencies of a RN as required by hospital, department, state and federal guidelines.
Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department. Maintains ethical relationships. May be requested to assist in the development of techniques for procedures. May assist in the use of a variety of equipment and procedures not routinely employed. Assist others in the department, requests assistance when necessary and demonstrates a team approach to patient care. Assist in developing the skills of students, trainees, or residents.
Will be available for rotating emergency call, while also possibly being asked to cover at other facilities within the Mercy Health Youngstown market.
Delivers on our Promise by always demonstrating excellent patient experience behaviors. Always conveys compassion and respect for the patient/customer and co-worker. Consistently delivers the best service experience utilizing the 5 Foot/10 Foot rule, Messages of Caring Out Loud, AIDET, I- care, and other Mercy Health customer experience tools and behaviors. (Note: Failure to perform satisfactorily in this essential function will block incumbent from a satisfactory performance evaluation rating.) EDUCATION
Graduate of an accredited Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Nursing LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS
Ohio licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: Near (< 20")
- Have clarity of vision: Mid (> 20" - 20')
- Distinguish colors
Please indicate the activity's level of frequency that applies to this position using the following frequency scale:
1 = Not at all within shift (0%)
2 = Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
3 = Frequently within shift (34-66%)
4 = Continuously within shift (67-100%)Activity 1 2 3 4
Reaching abovehead X
Lift/Carry > 50 lbs < 100lbs. X
Push/Pull with force < 50lbs X
Reaching aboveshoulder X
Lift from floor levelup X
Push/Pull with force > 50lbs X
Lift/Carry up to 50lbs. X
Lift fromwaist X MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
- Defines and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
- Makes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Organizes thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
- General office environment - works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, airconditioned office area, with moderate noise levels
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids
- Potential exposure to infectious organisms
- May have periods of constant interruptions
- Prolonged periods of working alone may occur
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Special Procedures - St. Joseph - Interventional Radiology All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com