Radiology - Diagnostic - St. JosephShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
This is a bargaining unit position. SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Medical Imaging Secretary answers incoming calls, triages calls to appropriate areas, takes accurate messages, and exhibits excellent customer service skills on the telephone and verbally. The secretary types other documents as required, reproduces films as requested by customers, files, and maintains records for the department and scheduling as assigned and processes department mail. The secretary schedules outpatient and inpatient radiology procedures using a computer and/or manually as required. The secretary gathers precertifications, authorizations, verifications and prepares them for other departments as needed. The secretary accurately relays information to patients and offices concerning preparation, and obtains information for medical necessity prior to testing. The secretary consults radiologists and managers as needed to schedule; is able to make sound decisions with information given, following protocols. Works well in a high volume area. And is flexible and able to handle multiple tasks in the department. Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION
High school graduate
Medical terminology required
Basic Life Support requiredEXPERIENCE:
Previous experience in health care related field preferred
Previous computer experience preferred KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:Knowledge and skill required to perform the job responsibilities for both technical and dimensional content.
Standard level skills:
Follows general instructions
Understands several defined work routines
Reads various references, extracts information, and applies basic arithmetic functions
Operates basic equipment
PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING:The degree to which judgment and analysis must be exercised in planning, investigating issues, and evaluating alternative solutions to the challenges posed by the job. Deals with the nature of the decisions, the variety of problems, and how decisions are made in context of the typical requirements of the job.
Works assignments Procedural in Nature
Makes decisions by reviewing defined alternatives
Receives assistance from standard procedures, coworkers, and /or supervisors SCOPE OF IMPACT/ACCOUNTABILITY
:The potential impact of actions on results of HM Health Services and the job's accountability for achieving results.
Contributes to Multiple Work Areas
Impacts activities in other work areas on a frequent basis
Accountability is primarily indirect, but may be shared for activities affecting the work area
May provide information to decision making processes affecting work areas.
INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION:The nature and frequency of interpersonal human relations skills required by the job. The extent to which the job requires cooperation and tact in meeting or influencing others by phone, correspondence, or personal contact.
Conveys Basic Facts
Coordinates work with others
Conveys detailed, routine information
Provides written responses in standard format to others knowledgeable about subject
Requires listening skills to maintain cooperative associations PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Performs scheduling for the Radiology Department. Is able to accurately assess request, interpret information according to protocol to create a working accurate schedule
2. Answers incoming radiology department calls. Triages calls appropriately, and exhibits excellent customer service skills in answering and handling the telephone calls.
3. Obtains information for registrations, authorizations, verifications, and medical necessity following protocol to ensure appropriate reimbursements. When not able to obtain, follows appropriate steps (i.e. reschedules, or alternate medically necessary testing) when scheduling patients for radiology procedures. Accurately follows radiology protocols with minimum to no error rates.
4. Records and transcribes messages accurately, delivers messages to proper staff members.
5. Strives to make efficient use of time. Seeks out work, which needs to be completed. Works on ongoing projects. Recognizes when others are in need of assistance and constantly offers to help when own workload permits.
6. Covers secretarial tasks for Administrative area and Radiology areas as needed for coverage.
7. Schedules for testing in the scheduling system software, or manually, following protocol. Consults appropriately as needed to confirm a schedule issue or patient prep issue.
8. Assists the department in managing patient flow in rooms as needed, review printed schedules to assure accuracy, distributes schedules as appropriate.
9. Maintains patient confidentiality and uses discretion when discussing patient matters. Maintains strict confidentiality on all physician-related calls.
10. Answers all telephone calls in a courteous manner identifying to the caller self and department.
11. Maintains assigned logs of telephone calls, messages, and scheduling/registration logs as assigned.
12. Retrieves and complies statistics as assigned.
13. Responsible for obtaining and maintaining written physician orders and delivering to appropriate registration sites prior to time of service. Documents in scheduling system status of written orders.
14. Daily generate and print schedule for Radiology department.
15. Attends all educational sessions related to job functions and maintains competency in required area.
16. Directs to the Radiology Director, Department Chairman, and managers, any unusual concerns, situations, or conditions relative to staff, patients, and physicians.
17. Accurately sorts and distributes incoming mail as assigned or needed to ensure the adequate flow of correspondence for Radiology.
18. Maintains level of office supplies and retrieves supplies as needed to ensure adequate flow of operations throughout department. Routes service calls to the appropriate area.
19. Able to proficiently operate all office equipment.
20. Attends department meetings and actively participates in department activities and projects as needed.
21. Supports institution policies and procedures.
22. Wears hospital identification badge at all times and promotes a professional image by adhering to the established dress code.
23. Participates in own performance appraisal by identifying goals and reviewing progress with managers.
24. Demonstrates a professional commitment to growth and competence.
25. Adheres to work schedule by being on time and schedules PTO in accordance to department policies.
26. Retrieves and copies films and completes work process on off-site films.
27. Creates a positive attitude for others while maintaining a high level of commitment to standard practices in 28. Radiology for Mercy Health. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES - Other:
1. Cares for all age groups, birth to geriatric.
2. Passes yearly competency in addition to successful performance evaluationThe above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Radiology - Diagnostic - St. Joseph All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org