Skilled Nursing Unit - The Assumption VillageShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
This is a bargaining unit position
- COME JOIN OUR TEAM at Mercy Health! - One healthcare system many locations!
- The Assumption Village ranked 5th out of 406 Award-winning long-term care facilities in 20 states byNewsweek!
- Great Tuition reimbursement; Student loan repayment
- $2,500 Sign on Bonus for full-time
- Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Functions under the rules/regulations of the State of Ohio, Kentucky or Illinois Nurse Practice Act and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. She/he provides direct patient care, special treatments, and procedures at a professional level equivalent to her/his training. She/he provides care considering the age, growth and development and specific needs of the patient population on assigned unit(s). She/he assists in providing indirect care through various clerical or administrative duties as assigned by the registered nurse. Assignments are developed based on patient need and skill of staff and in accordance with the method of nursing practiced on the specific unit, and in compliance with hospital and nursing policies, procedures and standards. Those LPN's who meet the Ohio, Kentucky or Illinois Board of Nursing's qualifications and requirements, may administer oral, intramuscular, and subcutaneous medications and limited intravenous therapy. Essential Job Functions
Employment QualificationsEducation Qualifications
- Functions within the nursing process and contributes to patient care based on Ohio (OBN) or Kentucky (KBN) Board of Nursing Practice Act. Contributes to the admission assessment by collecting selected clinical data, vital signs, weight and height; sets up patient room and orients patient. Follows goal-directed nursing care plan designed by the Registered Nurse. Observes, reports and documents patient's clinical status and changes in status to the Registered Nurse. Implements interventions within the LPN scope of practice, conducts and reinforces patient teaching/education and contributes to discharge plan and evaluation of results. Recognizes deterioration of patient condition collaborates with the Registered Nurse while responding with increased frequency of monitoring or seeks guidance regarding a transfer to higher level of care. Reinforces patient/family education and offerspsycho-social/spiritualsupport. Contributes to the nursing care plan.
- Performs nursing care based on established clinical practice standards and the code of professional ethics appropriate for LPN role. Utilizes regulatory standards for patient care activities including Joint Commission, ODH, SHA, CMS, OBN and KBN. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital nursing standards and OBN or KBN regulations in delegating nursing activities to unlicensed employees. Reports critical values/results to the Registered Nurse for timely action, e.g. vital signs, pain, blood sugar, lab findings and EKG results. Complete 15-minute safety checks (Lima).
- Recognizes patients experiencing actual/potential life-threatening conditions and responds appropriately within the LPN scope of practice. Utilizes safe, approved medication administration practices, based on hospital and regulatory standards and certification. Encourages/provides opportunity for family presence and involvement at the bedside. Follows emergencyprotocols/procedures,based on LPN role and patient needs. Follows American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Professional Ethics.
- Demonstrates consideration for special needs, behaviors of specific age groups across the lifespan and individuals served when providing care. Provides information regarding procedures and equipment to patient and/or significant other.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve care delivery processes, nursing quality and patient safety. Demonstrates knowledge of role in emergency situations. Assumes responsibility for attending mandatory meetings, in-services, continuing education and participating in committees as opportunities occur.
- Supports and promotes hospitals' programs for infection control, patient safety and risk management. Implementstreatments/medicationssafely, per physician order and hospital policy/procedure; observes and reports patient's response. Report adverse patient reaction and/or unusual occurrence to Registered Nurse immediately.
- Documents care provided in timely, accurate and complete manner, using appropriate form.
- Performs clerical and supportive duties to promote efficient unit operations.
- Meets Hospital continuing education requirements, assesses own knowledge, maintains professional growth/development, participates in seminars and workshops to improve knowledge and skills.
-List theminimumeducation, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position. Required Minimum Education:
Vocational/ Technical DegreeSpecialty/Major:
Licensed Practical NursingPreferred Education:Specialty/Major:Licensing/ Certification
-If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.Licensure/Certification Required:
OHIO: Current LPN License in the State of Ohio; BLS; IV Therapy card. Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Up to a minimum of one year experience preferred. Physical Demands
Occasional - 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent - 34 to 66% of workday
Constant - 67 - 100% of workday
Not at all - 0% of workdayOccasional
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72"; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36" from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).Frequent
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18"; bilateral carry, 30', 27#; push/pull 100', 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6"-36" from floor; lift 0-20# 36"-48" from floor; lift 0-20# 6"-72" from floor.Constant
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification - HMHP employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Skilled Nursing Unit - The Assumption Village All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com