Med/Surg Unit - WillardShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary:
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient's problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Ohio or Kentucky Nursing Practice Act and Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments.
- Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department.
- Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery.
Required Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must successfully complete an arrhythmia course.
Required Certification: Current RN license issued by the state of Ohio, BCLS (ACLS required in critical areas.)
Skills and Abilities - Delegation skills, ability to communicate with clients of all ages and education levels, basic computer knowledge preferred, positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change. Physical Requirements:
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: near (< 20")
- Have clarity of vision: mid (>20"-20')
- Have clarity of vision: far (>20')
- Distinguish colors
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
- Identifies and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
- Makes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understand terminology
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
Hours per pay period: 48
Hours: 7:00am to 7:30pm
Weekend and holidays.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Med/Surg Unit - Willard All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 588107050Posted: 2020-11-19