Lab Outreach - Mercy Health Partners Regional LabShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Performs phlebotomy and specimen collection. Uses LIS and HIS to conduct functions related to phlebotomy, patient registration, order entry, result look-up and report generation. Processes specimens for diagnostic testing and referral testing. Sorts specimen drop-offs according to insurance. Ensures accurate registration of specimens as needed. Performs various clerical tasks. Essential Job Functions
Employment QualificationsEducation Qualifications
- Obtains blood specimens by venipuncture with syringe, vacutainer or capillary puncture. Monitors the workflow to insure specimens are drawn in a timely manner. Audits, evaluates, interprets, labels, processes and registers all specimens and orders for testing. Assists technical staff by preparing specimens and/or loading analyzers. In the outpatient setting, also collects nasal smears, glucose tolerances, and urines on all age groups, and may perform EKG, assist with EMG and collect nasopharyngeal and throat swab specimens.
- Sets up collecting tray. Responsible for maintaining general appearance of working area. Notifies appropriate chain of command of inventory shortages, orders supplies as necessary, and restocks supplies.
- Performs various customer service and clerical and computer duties, such as answering and directing phone calls, relaying test results, taking messages, ordering tests, delivering results, and troubleshooting specimen problems including missing orders and specimens. Monitors LIS reports and logs for compliance to assure pre-analytical processes are of highest quality, and generates computer specimen labels, collection lists, pending reports, and overdue tests lists.
- Processes patient specimens for testing.
- Prepares specimens for transports to facilities, receives specimens from other facilities and delivers specimens to various testing departments. Performs courier functions as assigned. (See Driver's License requirement, where applicable.)
-List theminimumeducation, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position. Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or GEDSpecialty/Major:Preferred Education:
2 Year/ Associates DegreeSpecialty/Major:
Preferred in Toledo Mercy College onlyLicensing/ Certification
-If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.Licensure/Certification Required:
In the Springfield, OH region, must have valid Ohio Driver's license and able to pass Mercy Health driver's license check. Licensure/Certification Preferred:
Phlebotomy CertificateMinimum QualificationsMinimum Years and Type of Experience:
Documented phlebotomy training or related experience.Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:
Computer keyboard and basic computer experience. Basic knowledge of medical and laboratory terminology. Analytical and problem solving skills to organize work and resolve daily problems.Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred:
One year of lab assistant or phlebotomist experience.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Lab Outreach - Mercy Health Partners Regional Lab All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 588107150Posted: 2020-12-02