Join Our Community of Food People!
The Van Driver is a delivery position responsible for driving a company vehicle to assigned stops and delivering foodservice products with a high level of service to US Foods customers.
At US Foods we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a Van Driver, you will have an impact on our customers by delivering our meats, produce, frozen goods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies to their drop-off sites We help YOU make it! Benefits
medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, strong safety culture, and much more! Benefits start day ONE
, stellar local leadership, best place to work!US Foods
is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and a continuous improvement focus.
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk: Motor Transport Operator, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck DriversVisit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles
www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/ Main Ingredients of the Job
- Excellent driving record and ability to adhere to company standards for safe driving methods
- Lift up to 60 lbs. on consistent basis an occasionally 100 lbs
- Load and unload Van for multi-stop deliveries
- Transport deliveries by driving assigned vehicles
- Use hand truck and load bar
- Accurately record delivery information including operating a hand scanner and all company required documentation
- Responsible for the proper documentation and disposition for any return product.
- Communicate delivery- customer issues to proper authority (i.e., Customer Service, Territory Manager, Transportation Supervisor, etc.)
- Deliver product to each of the designated stops on using the stop sequence provided for the day.
- Unload product safely and stage product in the space(s) designated by customer
- Check invoice for complete delivery. Process paperwork and damaged merchandise if any
- Monitor refrigeration system on van on a consistent basis for safety; follow all safe food handling procedures
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections such as monitoring fluid levels, tires, windshield wash and replenishing fuel
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license issued by the state of legal residence with proper endorsements if required.
- No more than 2 convictions in the past two-year period for traffic violations, no DUI convictions in the past 3 years, no driver's license suspensions in the past 3 years
- Preferred to have 1year multi-stop delivery experience required or 6-month local delivery experience and/or foodservice industry experience
- Hand cart delivery experience preferred
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Must pass pre-employment testing (including items such as Drug Screen & Background Check)
- Have knowledge of area and/or map reading abilities
- Use safe lifting and loading techniques
- Great interpersonal/customer service skills
- Availability to work on weekends and Holidays
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status******EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting 50lbs to 100lbs. of material on consistent basis, repetitive motions
- The work is performed primarily outdoors.