Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities. Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all. Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.Title: Healthcare Rep Overview of PositionHCRs act as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Change Healthcare!What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
- Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
- Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health
- Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
- Achieve and maintain certification designation as "Certified Application Counselor".
- Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI),
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed.
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems.
- Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 4 year college degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
- Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Possible language skills, as required by geographic location
- Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for the client
- Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomics background preferred
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Ability to travel
- Professional & polished demeanor
- Strong work ethics and confidentiality
- Time management skills and attention to detail
General office demandsHow much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system! Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law
at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.