The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest level of overall housekeeping and laundry services throughout the resort in accordance with Company policies and procedures, federal, state, and local authority guidelines. Responsibilities include managing the day-to-day planning, organizing, directing, training and developing of team members along with financial management of both housekeeping and laundry. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts pre-shift meetings and reviews all pertinent information for the day's activities; departures, arrivals, and stayover scheduled cleans.
- Maintains adequate inventory of all supplies pertinent to the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Monitors annual deep cleaning and carpet cleaning projects.
- Ensures each room meets DRI QA standards before being placed in the property management system as clean and available through daily inspections of guest rooms and public space using DRI inspection checklists.
- Ensures proper, efficient and timely communication channels are being maintained with General Manager, Front Desk Manager, Engineering, and Food and Beverage management.
- Maintains communications with the Engineering department by providing work orders via the Asgard system.
- Ensures that all lost and found items are bagged, tagged and logged into the Asgard system and secured for 60 days or as outlined by State Law.
- Coordinates with resort Security or designee with storage and disposal of lost and found items.
- Responsible or participates in the Interviewing and hiring of new team members.
- Responsible for training, motivating and assisting with fair, consistent and corrective action if necessary for team members in housekeeping, public area and laundry.
- Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and orgaization of housekeeping vehicles and storage rooms.
- Maintains a safe work environment for guests and team members through observation and recogination of any unsafe environment.
- Ensures all team members have the tools necessary to perform their essential job functions.
- Conducts weekly, monthly and quarterly inventories in a timely manner, as outlined by DRI Policy to include maintaining desired par levels and recording of damaged and biohazard linen.
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members club members, owners and guests.
- Provides team member scheduling to ensure business needs are met year-around.
- Participates in departmental annual budget and continuously tracks expenditures through the ordering of supplies and ensuring all invoices are coded, processed and approved in a timely manner.
- Ensures department meets all QA Standards in accordance with Company policies.
- Operates office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- May oversee housekeeping operations when supplemented by a 3rd party.
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in the Hospitality, Hospital, Home and Office Cleaning field required.
- A minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience in the Hospitality, Customer Service field required.
This position spends the majority of the time (50% or more) achieving organization objectives, often through the coordinate achievements of subordinate staff. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks related similar to those performed by direct reports, but primary duties are supervisory or organizational-goal related. Analyzes and resolves problems, determines work techniques, monitors for regulatory compliance, maintains production, interprets and creates policies, and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge.
Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with independence, and makes decisions on matters of significant importance. Manages human, financial, and/or physical resources; proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action; develops systems to ensure subordinates adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with organizational goals and objectives.
Specific supervisory duties include, but are not limited to the following:
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Establishes objectives and goals for the team; plans, organizes and manages work flow.
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews work; evaluates direct report's performance.
- Recruit, interview, train, discipline, and terminate direct reports.
- Orientate and train direct reports.
- Approves time records and time off requests; submits payroll for direct reports.
- Investigates and resolves concerns and complaints.
- Provide assistance and support; maintains a positive and professional working environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Driver's Licenses (non-commercial) - must be state-specific.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understand how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
Posting ID: 588108307Posted: 2020-11-19