L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title: Lead, Continuous ImprovementJob Code:SAS20200911-52906Job Location: Van Nuys, CAJob Description:
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) has an exciting opportunity for an e3 business operating system leader in our Van Nuys, CA operations. e3 provides a common language, processes, and metrics across the enterprise and includes regular reviews and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement. Every employee in every function and in every aspect of the organization uses e3 every day of the year as part of their job.
The SAS e3 Team strives for operational excellence across all business and functional areas and processes by deploying Lean tools and Six Sigma principles. The e3 team plays an active role in driving accelerated operating and financial performance through continuous process improvement and execution of breakthrough strategies. The selected candidate will work closely with each of the Sectors/Functional organizations to develop and manage the execution of strategic initiatives. This position requires sound leadership, operations and productivity improvement knowledge, keen core finance and business acumen, and excellent communications and interpersonal skills.Essential Functions:
- Lead Manufacturing, Test, Quality, Supply Chain, Program Management and/or functional organizations / teams through L3Harris e3 strategy, lean continuous improvement projects and kaizen events to achieve maximum effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for achieving assigned financial and key performance indicators/metrics.
- Responsible for development and execution of assigned lean roadmap activities.
- Grow the next generation of belt/lean trained employees through training, mentoring, and targeted learning/knowledge transfer opportunities.
- Experienced in application of lean/six sigma tools, principals, and problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work and/or lead multiple projects with limited direction.
- Implement lean initiatives to identify and eliminate waste out of processes, reduce cycle times, and drive cost savings.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing; Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt certified.
- Proven leadership skills with collaborative management style that will facilitate interaction with executives, colleagues and corporate partners.
- Proficient-proven individual contributor with ability to lead through influence.
- Effective presentation and meeting skills is preferred.
- Proven track record lean/continuous improvement projects success.
- Strong project management, analytical skills, financial and business acumen is preferred.
- Self-starter, action oriented, "can do" attitude, resourceful, and team focused.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.