When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division Specific Information
US - Missouri - St. Louis How will you make an impact?
This position will assist in leading the site Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives. They will provide support to the Site's goal of an all-encompassing safety culture. The position will guide personnel in EHS matters with a continual improvement mindset towards practical solutions and system development. What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Plan, implement, and coordinate EHS Management System activities across the organization to help reduce or eliminate occupational illness and injuries, improve employee engagement, and reduce business risks and losses.
- Introduce and interpret various Federal, State, and Local recognized rules, regulations and procedures governing hazardous materials as they impact the company.
- Provide guidance to a wide-range of departmental teams on the execution of site procedures in relation to EHS procedures and policies.
- Lead the site's Hazardous Waste program and activities, and the introduction of new chemicals to the facility.
- Coordinate EHS audits across the organization, and drive results around needed corrective actions.
- Act as a champion to the Site's Emergency Response Team.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Chemical Engineering, or a Life Science - preferred
- A combination of education and experience - may be considered
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 1-4 years related experience
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical, chemical manufacturing, or lab environment - strongly preferred
- Knowledge of ISO the 140001 & 45001 systems based approach to continual improvement
- Possess a strong team-oriented mind-set with a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Experience with OSHA, NFPA, ATF, & EPA regulatory requirements strongly preferred
- Computer experience including Word, Excel, and Power Point
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.comThermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 588108700Posted: 2020-11-19