Job Title: Sr. Business Intelligence ArchitectRequisition ID: 135743BR
When you're a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.What will you do?
The Senior Business Intelligence architect for LSG Global Operations- at Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a multidimensional and dynamic position covering data, process, and technology within the Business Intelligence team that support all LSG Operational divisions and functions. The ideal candidate serves as a point person for programs that form an architecture for handling data, including databases, data warehouses and other storage resources. This role will actively participate in division/group data integration projects covering Enterprise Data Platform, Data Lake, Data Warehouse and Data Science programs. In addition, this candidate will lend their expertise by engaging in various initiatives that drive to improve the customer experience by optimizing the BI architecture and environment. The candidate provides expert guidance on Business Intelligence (BI) skills and technologies to address complex and dynamic business needs. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities in communication and presentation to executive leadership and colleagues, ability to influence, without direct report responsibilities.Roles & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Develop scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives.
- Partners with IT resources to develop and implement security and authentication standards for suite of BI tools/platforms
- Maintain accurate and complete technical architectural documents.
- Define BI standards, guidelines and best practices for business groups and technical teams.
- Support BI tools upgrades in development, testing and documentation.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for BI tools.
- Diagnose and resolve BI tool capacity issues.
- Recommend strategies to improve performance and capacity of BI tools.
- Address customer queries and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide technical training on BI tools to junior staff.
- Collaborate with BI Administrators, Developers and Analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Work with business groups and technical teams to develop and maintain data warehouse platform for BI reporting.
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders and provide front line support for business intelligence reporting and analytics requests from various Operations divisions/groups
- Be a liaison to business or business IT group, for BI enhancement requests, providing additional functional requirements and testing support of new or updated Operations reports.
- Partner and collaborate with BI team members to deliver innovative Business Intelligence tools and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 5-8 years of related business experience. Excellent working knowledge of key cross functional Operations business process, with 3 to 4 years practical Supply Chain and data management experience.
- 5+ years experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions, fluent in ETL technology, solid BI technology background ex. PowerBI, Tableau, DOMO, SSAS, AWS, Cognos
- 5+ years project management experience, displaying skills that highlight ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize needs.
- Experience with ERP Supply Chain business process/systems and cloud-based applications
- Experience on the execution of Agile/SCRUM processes and repeatable, predictable, and high-quality delivery of software solutions
- Management, manipulation and analysis of large data sets from various source systems
- Ability to assess, balance and articulate business data needs vs. any system constraints and identify innovative solutions as workarounds
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrate presentation and collaboration skills, with ability to communicate all aspects of the process with peers and data consumers
- Able to articulate information, findings and complex data solutions concisely and with clarity at senior management levels
- Understanding of transactional data & flows across systems, data mapping and hierarchy concepts, and management reporting
- Exposure/experience with IT infrastructure, IT application technologies, frameworks and data management background, preferred
- Independent worker and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Can mentor team members, working collaboratively on initiatives, elevating the final deliverable above intended expectations
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.comThermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. *EVAMOPS2020 *GTSDouble
Posting ID: 588108715Posted: 2020-11-19